Lose 10 Pounds in 1 Week | Heart Healthy Diet & Exercise
Occasionally, an individual may want to lose 10 pounds in 1 week in order to prepare for a special occasion approaching, such as a wedding, reunion, or trip to the beach. If done appropriately and with effort, this can be achieved. However, losing 10 pounds in 1 week on a regular basis can lead to health problems. Additionally, individuals should always consult a physician before making drastic diet and exercise changes.
How to Lose 10 Pounds in 1 Week
In order to lose 10 pounds in 1 week, a person has to create a deficit of 35,000 calories or shed excess water. It will require dedication and rigor in following a plan to lose ten pounds in one week.
Breakfast should consist of two eggs prepared any way: poached, scrambled, over easy—without salt (adding salt will cause the body to retain water)—and sausage containing less than 1 gram of carbohydrates per serving.
For lunch, the dieter should eat a turkey or roast beef wrap every day—without bread. It is made by laying the piece of meat on a plate; topping it with tomato slices, lettuce, and a slice of cheese; then rolling it up like a burrito. Up to 6 slices of meat can be added to each wrap as long as it has less than one gram of carbohydrate for every 3 or 4 slices. If one wrap doesn’t appease hunger, a second may be eaten. Add a side salad measuring one cup with one tablespoon of low carbohydrate salad dressing.
Dinner every night of the week should consist of baked or broiled chicken, steak, fish, or shrimp. Add a salad on the side if it is no more than two cups with no more than two tablespoons of blue cheese salad dressing.
During the week, the dieter should only drink water, green tea, coffee with sugar substitute, diet soda, or no carb drinks. If the dieter craves something sweet, she can have a cup or less of sugar-free jello with a spoonful of whipped topping. In addition, to maximize weight loss, add 30 minutes of exercise each day.
Important Tips to Lose 10 Pound in 1 week:
- Some dieters start the week with a detox day, where they only consume a mixture of lemon juice, ginger, honey, and water for an entire day.
- Eating earlier in the day rather than in the evening can help reduce the number of calories consumed.
- Eating smaller meals evenly throughout the day rather than three large meals can help a dieter lose weight.
Be Aware of the Risks When Trying to Lose 10 Pounds in 1 Week
- Our bodies need a minimum number of calories per day to survive. Going below this level for extended periods of time puts our bodies in starvation mode and adversely affect metabolism.
- Participating in extreme diets for an extended period of time and/or too often can increase an individual’s risk for developing an eating disorder.