For many dieters, the complicated and expensive dieting techniques that are being offered by the handful can be overwhelming and downright confusing. It seems, today, that the only way to effectively diet is to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of expensive food and follow an impossibly rigorous workout routine. What if, however, the problem with dieting was inadequate preparation? With three to ten days of a lemon water diet, you can give yourself the energy to start a real dieting regime and increase your success potential!
What Is A Lemon Water Diet?
Surprise, surprise; the lemon water diet is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. A short-term, intensive fast where the dieter only drinks large quantities of lemon juice diluted with lukewarm water. Sounds crazy? Of course it does! However, the results aren’t crazy: They’re fantastic! Scientists have been marveling for centuries about the miraculous effects of the high-citric acid content of lemons and other citrus fruits.
You know that citrus fruits contain high quantities of Vitamin C, but the effects don’t stop there. A systematic, intentional diet of water-diluted lemon juice can help with a number of regular bodily functions. The lemon water diet, or lemon water detox, can:
- Increase energy, especially immediately after waking in the morning
- Improve healthy liver function
- Eliminate harmful plaque buildup in the intestines and stomach
- Increase the healthy radiance of skin and hair
- Eliminate poisonous bile and uric acid from the system
- Alleviate issues with bleeding and/or hemorrhaging
- Prevent the linings of internal organs from rotting or putrefying
- Prevent a number of diseases and bacterial infections
- Effectively eliminate your risk of contracting the common cold
It sounds like a miracle doesn’t it? However, the miracle is in the science of a lemon. Lemons have natural antiseptic properties, and, when used correctly, can purify the entire bodily system much like you would disinfect a countertop. Although, drinking lemon juice is much, much safer than swallowing a tablespoonful of Lysol.
Lemon Water To Lose Weight
A lemon water diet or lemon water detox has also been shown to help the dieter jump start his or her weight loss program. Because a great deal of weight gain stems from water retention due to the body’s inability to regulate water, a diet that is strictly lemon juice and water will reteach the body how to use and maintain proper water levels. The lemon juice will also give you increased levels of energy, encouraging you to hit the gym!
Lemon water diets vary in duration and requirements. Some suggest that you only drink lemon water for three or four days. Others suggest you pair lemon water with fresh vegetables for ten days or more. Whichever you choose, you’ll need a surefire recipe for lemon water. Here’s the best one:
- The juice of half a lemon
- One cup of pure water (lukewarm is best)
- One teaspoon of pure honey with no additives
- One eighth of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)